Thursday, June 16, 2016

Welcome and Introduction


Welcome to AboutAPet. The purpose of this blog is to help inform, entertain, and of course, educate the pet lovers of the world. Our pets are part of our families and deserve and require our 100% dedication to their health and well-being. I decided to start this blog after I spent countless hours searching the internet for current and accurate information regarding pet husbandry. Husbandry is defined as the care, and welfare of domestic animals. Obviously, anyone can put anything on the internet, and the amount of false and inaccurate information regarding the care and welfare of dogs, cats and exotics as pets was staggering. Let me first state that I am NOT a doctor or a Veterinarian; however, I have been a Veterinary Technician for over 15 years. I have spent time at full service dog and cat veterinary practices as well as 5 years as a lead Veterinary Technician for an Avian and Exotics Veterinarian. I was also the Lead Surgery Technician for a high volume, high quality spay and neuter clinic. Along with my work experience, I have also volunteered for several years at the Adventure Aquarium in Camden NJ and several of my local SPCA’s, as well as obtaining my Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology from Harcum College in Bryn Mawr PA. I will be covering topics on a weekly basis that will provide the information needs and request of my followers. You are welcome to follow my Twitter feed @AAboutAPet and suggest future blog post topics. My goal is to lead this blog in the direction of its followers so I can provide needed and desired information to the general public. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and making this world a happier and healthier place for all of our pets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment